Welcome Guest! You have 4 free reads leftLogin/Register
Breaking News
You Are Here: Home » Visalia » Employee suffers minor burns, smoke inhalation after dryer catches fire at Lucky Day Laundry

Employee suffers minor burns, smoke inhalation after dryer catches fire at Lucky Day Laundry

Employee suffers minor burns, smoke inhalation after dryer catches fire at Lucky Day Laundry

@TheSunGazette

VISALIA – For Lucky Day Laundry, March 22 was anything but. The laundromat, located at 3539 W. Noble Ave. in Visalia, began filling up with smoke just after noon. The Visalia Fire Department responded to the report of a structure fire and fire crews entered the business. Once inside, firefighters found smoke coming from one dryer that had sustained fire damage. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire with no additional structural damage.

One employee from the business was evaluated by Visalia Fire Department Paramedics on scene, for minor burns and smoke inhalation. Additional fire crews assisted with smoke removal from the neighboring businesses.

The cause of the fire was determined to be from clothing catching fire in the dryer. The business will remain closed until all of the dryers can be serviced and checked for proper operation. The fire caused approximately $8,000 in damage to the dryer. No damage was sustained to the structure.

Three fire engines, two ladder trucks and one Battalion Chief responded to the incident for a total of 16 personnel on scene.

Clip to Evernote

About The Author

Number of Entries : 16133

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

© 1901 - 2019 The Sun-Gazette Newspaper | 402 S F St | Exeter CA 93221 | Powered by Wordpress

Scroll to top