Fireplace cracks set home on the hill on fire
A crack in the mortar of a fireplace started a fire at a home on Badger Hill last week.
According to the Tulare County Fire Department, the fire started at about 5:17 p.m. at a home in the 500 block of High Sierra Drive east of Exeter. Upon arrival, firefighters observed fire and smoke coming from under the second-story floor of the 3,000 square foot home. According to fire investigators, the fireplace mortar failure allowed combustible material to ignite. No injuries were reported. There was no estimate as to the extent of the damage.