Welcome Guest! You have 4 free reads leftLogin/Register
Breaking News
You Are Here: Home » Lifestyles » Miss Exeter Candidate: Hannah Lentz

Miss Exeter Candidate: Hannah Lentz

Miss Exeter Candidate: Hannah Lentz

Sponsored By Rocky Hill Community Church

I’ve found that growing up means being honest. About what I want. What I need. What I feel. Who I am.” (Epiphany) Luckily for me, I have been able to find what I want, need, feel and especially find who I am in Exeter, where I was raised. Before I forget to introduce myself, I’m Hannah Lentz and I’m currently a senior at Exeter Union High School. I attended Lincoln Elementary, Rocky Hill Elementary, and Wilson Middle School, which have all helped me get to where I am today. More importantly, I have gotten to where I am because of my faith in God and because of the support I have received from my parents, Stevie and Amy Lentz, and my two brothers, Austin and Gunner.

Being raised in a home with a father that is a coach and brothers that are involved in sports, I had no choice but to adapt to the competitive environment that surrounded me. I knew nothing other than spending hours of my day at a baseball field or football stadium, whether it was supporting my older brother or my father as he coached. However, I didn’t completely understand the time and dedication it took to be an athlete until I finally was one.  This upcoming school year will be my third year playing varsity soccer at Exeter Union High School. I first started playing soccer for the City of Exeter at the age 6 and immediately fell in love with the game. I will have played soccer for 12 years all together.  Once I got into high school I thought it would be a great idea to get into shape for the upcoming soccer season, so I decided to run cross country. I’m proud to say that I was the first Lentz to make varsity as a freshman. Last year, I decided to try something new and participated in track and field and pole vaulted for the first time. I loved it! I am really looking forward to this upcoming track season.

With being raised practically on the football and baseball field, I’ve come to the conclusion that giving back to my community was my duty. Whether it was doing pitch count or concession stands for Exeter Little League or videographer for the pee wee football games, I would help out.  I’m also involved with our local Rocky Hill Community Church. I attend service regularly and tend to find myself helping wherever I’m needed. I’ve helped out in the nursery, youth group, putting together the bulletins for the services and even planted flowers for Easter. Giving back to the community is always great, but when it involves the people and town you love, it’s even better.

Being successful athletically and in my other extracurricular activities is always important, but school and academics will always be my main priority. I have maintained a high GPA all throughout middle school and high school, with this last semester achieving a 3.83. I will have taken a total of two AP classes and one college accredited course before I graduate in June. Since my freshman year, I have been in the California Scholarship Federation, in hope of being a lifetime member. Last year, I became the anchor of Exeter Student News. That experience has pushed me out of my comfort zone, just as running for Miss Exeter will. After I graduate in June, I plan on attending COS and then transfer. My dream is to attend a Christian University such as Point Loma Nazarene University or Azusa Pacific. My goal is to one day have my master’s degree in pediatrics speech and language pathology where I hope to help improve children’s communication skills if they were to have hearing impairments, birth defects or any general speech and language disorders.

Three years ago I graduated from Wilson Middle School. The second day of my senior year I decided I wanted to go back to that school as a cross age tutor, this being the first time since I graduated from there.  As I walked the halls I remembered everything: the gym, the classrooms, the teachers, even the field where I played soccer. I’m finally realizing that in another three to four years I’ll be walking through the halls of my high school reminded of all my favorite memories, like taking part of Exeter Student News or finding my new passion of pole vaulting. Having these great experiences make me grateful to have been raised in Exeter.

With that being said, it would be an honor to represent Exeter as a candidate in the 2018 Miss Exeter Scholarship Program.

Clip to Evernote

About The Author

Number of Entries : 15388

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

© 1901 - 2019 The Sun-Gazette Newspaper | 402 S F St | Exeter CA 93221 | Powered by Wordpress

Scroll to top