Blood Center in need of O blood types
visalia – Visalia Medical Clinic will host a blood drive on Thursday, July 6, with the Central California Blood Center to help replenish the critically low blood supply in the region.
The drive will be offered from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Visalia Medical Clinic, 5400 W. Hillsdale. Donors who register in advance will receive a $15 gift certificate from Tahoe Joe’s when they check in at the blood mobile on July 6. To register, call 738-7547 or email Angel Sears at email@example.com. Walk-ins will also be accepted.
Other upcoming blood drives include:
• July 12, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at College of the Sequoias Visalia Campus, 915 S. Mooney Blvd. Special discounts available.
• July 19, 9 a.m. to noon at Dryvit Systems, 354 S. Acacia St. (Ropes) in Woodlake.
• July 21, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Mission Care Group’s Delta Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 514 N. Bridge Street (Murray).
• Aug. 3, 2:30-6 p.m. at the Three Rivers Memorial Building, 43490 Sierra Dr. in Three Rivers. All donors will receive a Baskin & Robbins coupon.
• July 26, 8 a.m. to noon at Tulare County Health & Human Service, 26644 S. Mooney Blvd. in Visalia. All donors will receive a Baskin-Robbins coupon!
A photo ID will be required, and potential donors will have pulse, blood pressure, temperature and iron levels checked to insure their safety before donating.
Donors who are O negative or O positive are especially needed. For information about donating blood, including facts and myths, visit www.donateblood.org.
Visalia Medical Clinic offers the expertise of more than 50 providers. VMC also offers a lab, imaging including CT and MRI, extended hours through the QuickCare walk-in clinic, a Sleep Disorders Center, as well as a Physical Therapy Department all in one location at 5400 W. Hillsdale, Visalia.
The clinic is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; with extended and weekend hours at QuickCare. For information, call 739-2000 or visit www.vmchealth.com.