Oct. 1 is deadline for K-12 students to submit artwork for 2019 Healthy Air Living Kids’ Calendar
FRESNO – Do your students love to draw? The Valley Air District is accepting entries for its 2019 Healthy Air Living Kids’ Calendar contest. Any school-aged child attending kindergarten through 12th grade in the San Joaquin Valley is encouraged to enter.
The deadline for entries is Monday, Oct. 1, 2018. Winners are chosen to be featured in our annual bilingual calendar, produced with the artwork and clean-air messages from students illustrating how Valley residents can live healthy air lives. The calendars are printed and distributed free of charge to schools, community groups, healthcare facilities, churches and nonprofit organizations Valley-wide.
Guidelines for creating a winning Healthy Air Living calendar entry:
• Paper should be in landscape orientation, so it is 8-1/2 inches high and 11 inches wide
• Artwork should be in color. Produced by paint, pen, crayon, marker, pencil or even computer-generated art. Vivid colors are recommended.
• Artwork should contain a message about how to live a Healthy Air life. Examples of past messages are “Switch off your engine,” “Apague su motor,” “Be cool and carpool when going to school.”
• Plus a new message this year: “Know your air quality, get the Valley Air app”
• Bilingual and Spanish-language messages are encouraged.
Artists must include their name, address, phone and email contact, age, grade and school on the back of the entry. Please mail art flat, not folded or stapled, to: 2019 Kids’ Calendar, Valley Air District, 1990 E. Gettysburg Ave., Fresno, CA 93726, or submit your art at the nearest District office.
For an example of this year’s calendar and additional contest information, visit www.valleyair.org/kidscalendar. For questions about the contest, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call a regional office: in Fresno (559-230-6000), in Modesto (209-557-6400) and in Bakersfield (661-392-5500).