Welcome Guest! You have 4 free reads leftLogin/Register
Breaking News
You Are Here: Home » Education » LUSD awarded funding to get “personal”

LUSD awarded funding to get “personal”

LUSD awarded funding to get “personal”

Lindsay Unified School District recently announced the award from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for the California Consortium for Development and Dissemination of Personalized Learning.

This planning grant, of $499,860, was developed, in collaboration with the Summit Charter Academy and the Milpitas Unified School District, to identify key deliverables and a strategic plan for continuous improvement and scaling of personalized education. Personalized learning is tailoring learning for each student’s strengths, needs and interests  —  including enabling student voice and choice in what, how, when, and where they learn — to provide flexibility and supports to ensure mastery of the highest standards possible.

The convergence of technology, wireless devices, and software has created conditions for personalized learning to become a reality. Lindsay, Milpitas, and Summit are often cited as national leaders in personalized education.

Beginning in September 2015 and ending in February 2016, select senior staff from Lindsay Unified School District will convene with senior staff from the Summit Charter Schools and the Milpitas Unified School District.

They will develop and articulate a clear plan for adult learning to develop capacity in their organizations and others seeking to transform education from traditional, time-based models to learner-centric, personalized ones.

It is anticipated that in February 2016, the Consortium will unveil a plan to advance adult learning in personalized education which will be submitted for an implementation grant. Questions or interest can be directed to Barry Sommer, at bsommer@lindsay.k12.ca.us.

Clip to Evernote

About The Author

Number of Entries : 13309

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

© 2012 - 2016 The Foothills Sun-Gazette ~ Powered By Wordpress

Scroll to top